WORCESTER, Mass., Nov. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Mass Megawatts Wind Power, Inc. (OTC/BB: MMMW) reports that construction has completed on its first wind power system delivered for use at an agricultural or home-based location that is not connected to the utility power grid. The wind power system is located near Aspen, Colorado.
The wind power system, in conjunction with a small solar photovoltaic system, is producing enough electricity to power a home. The surplus electricity is stored in batteries, providing power during times of low-wind and sun exposure. Richard Barcia, Chief Operating Officer, oversaw the completion of the project and confirmed the transfer of electricity to the battery storage unit.
The wind power system leverages the patented, wind augmenter technology that increases the wind velocity directed toward the wind turbine. This, in turn, can result in a significant increase in power output. For example, an increase in wind velocity from 10 to 20 miles-per-hour can increase the power output of the wind system by a factor of eight. Although augmentation does not have as great of an impact, the wind power output increase is substantial.
As many remote locations do not have access to traditional utility-power, the wind power system offered by Mass Megawatts provides a cost-effective solution for onsite power generation. The company is currently in negotiations with agricultural, mining, and resort locations that are seeking an efficient, low-cost, power source.The company expects the wind system to generate power at a cost that is directly competitive with fossil fuel methods. The system is also capable of operating in lower, wind-speed locations, with reduced maintenance costs. Product information and sales inquiries can be made through the company's contact page at www.massmegawatts.com. Mass Megawatts is a publically traded company with less that eleven million shares issued and outstanding.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV