WORCESTER, Mass., Nov. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Mass Megawatts Wind Power, Inc. (OTC/BB: MMMW) and A-1 Roofing of Denver reported that construction has completed on its first wind power system delivered for use at an agricultural or home-based location that is not connected to the utility power grid. The wind power system is located near Aspen, Colorado.
A-1 Roofing ( www.a1roofing.us) specializing in residential and commercial roofing services is aggressively marketing the low cost wind power technology. The Company is a locally owned company with over 25 years experience as Colorado roofing contractors. A-1 Roofing serves the roofing needs of the entire Colorado Front Range area with offices in Denver, Colorado Springs, and Northern Colorado . Their experience can rapidly sell and install the low cost wind power systems throughout the Colorado Front Range.
The completed wind power system, in conjunction with a small solar photovoltaic system, is producing enough electricity to power a home. The surplus electricity is stored in batteries, providing power during times of low-wind and sun exposure. Richard Barcia, Chief Operating Officer of Mass Megawatts, oversaw the completion of the project and confirmed the transfer of electricity to the battery storage unit.The wind power system leverages the patented, wind augmenter technology that increases the wind velocity directed toward the wind turbine. This, in turn, can result in a significant increase in power output. For example, an increase in wind velocity from 10 to 20 miles-per-hour can increase the power output of the wind system by a factor of eight. Although augmentation does not have as great of an impact, the wind power output increase is substantial.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV