Tam SA (TAM): Today's Featured Transportation Loser
Tam (TAM) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Tam fell 41 cents (-2.1%) to $19.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 833,896 shares of Tam exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.02-$19.66 after having opened the day at $19.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.66. Other company's within the Transportation industry that declined today were: General Maritime Corporation (GMR), down 37.7%, Trailer Bridge Inc (TRBR), down 33.3%, DS Torm (TRMD), down 13%, and TBS International (TBSI), down 11.8%. TAM S.A., through its subsidiaries, provides passenger and cargo air transportation services in Brazil and internationally. The company also engages in aircraft sub-leasing, as well as aircraft acquisition, financing, and debt issuance activities. Tam has a market cap of $3.13 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 19.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Tam as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Tam Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV