Embraer S.A (ERJ) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry lower today making it today's featured Aerospace/Defense loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Embraer S.A fell 21 cents (-0.8%) to $25.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Embraer S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $24.99-$25.46 after having opened the day at $25.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.46. Other company's within the Aerospace/Defense industry that declined today were: Esterline Technologies (ESL), down 2.3% and American Defense Systems Inc (EAG), down 1.8%. Embraer S.A. engages in the development, production, and sale of jet and turboprop aircraft for civil and defense aviation markets. Embraer S.A has a market cap of $4.86 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.4, equal to the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 13.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Embraer as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Embraer Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ERJ
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV