Enersis (ENI) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Enersis fell 14 cents (-0.8%) to $18.27 on average volume. Throughout the day, 608,107 shares of Enersis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 625,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.09-$18.59 after having opened the day at $18.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.41. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Evergreen Energy Inc (EEE), down 28.4%, GreenHunter Energy Inc (GRH), down 6.9%, Active Power Inc (ACPW), down 5.1%, and China Hydroelectric (CHC), down 3.4%. Enersis S.A., an electric utility company, engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity in Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Peru. It owns and operates hydroelectric, thermal, and wind power plants. Enersis has a market cap of $12.16 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.5, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 9.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 20.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Enersis as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Enersis Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ENI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV