Sensata Technologies Holding B.V (ST) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Sensata Technologies Holding B.V fell 90 cents (-3%) to $29.42 on light volume. Throughout the day, 511,617 shares of Sensata Technologies Holding B.V exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 903,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.39-$30.64 after having opened the day at $30.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.32. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Appliance Recycling Centers (ARCI), down 8.9%, Nautilus Group Inc (NLS), down 6.7%, Industrie Natuzzi (NTZ), down 6.5%, and Fossil Inc (FOSL), down 3.3%. Sensata Technologies Holding N.V., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and sells sensors and controls primarily in the Americas, the Asia Pacific, and Europe. The company operates in two segments, Sensors and Controls. Sensata Technologies Holding B.V has a market cap of $5.46 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 107, below the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio of 110.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 0.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Sensata Technologies Holding B.V as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, premium valuation and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Sensata Technologies Holding B.V Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ST
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV