Manulife Financial Corporation (MFC) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Manulife Financial Corporation fell 21 cents (-1.9%) to $11.01 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of Manulife Financial Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $10.88-$11.28 after having opened the day at $11.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.22. Other company's within the Financial sector that declined today were: Anchor BanCorp Wisconsin Inc (ABCW), down 54.6%, Princeton National Bancorp Inc (PNBC), down 27.9%, Kent Financial Services Inc (KENT), down 18%, and First Capital Bancorp Inc (FCVA), down 17.9%. Manulife Financial Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides financial protection and wealth management products and services to individuals and group customers primarily in Canada, the United States, and Asia. Manulife Financial Corporation has a market cap of $20.74 billion and is part of the insurance industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 4.5, below the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 10.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 34.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Manulife Financial as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Manulife Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MFC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV