Sothebys (BID) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Sothebys fell 82 cents (-2.7%) to $29.71 on light volume. Throughout the day, 997,472 shares of Sothebys exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.64-$30.96 after having opened the day at $30.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.53. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Perfumania Holdings Inc (PERF), down 15.7%, Dreams Incorporated (DRJ), down 6.5%, Titan Machinery Inc (TITN), down 3.7%, and DGSE Companies Inc (DGSE), down 3.7%. Sotheby's, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an auctioneer of fine and decorative art, jewelry, and collectibles in North America, Europe, and Asia. The company operates in three segments: Auction, Finance, and Dealer. Sothebys has a market cap of $2.14 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.1, below the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio of 11.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 32.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Sothebys as a buy. The company's strongest point has been its expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Sothebys Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BID
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV