DALLAS, Nov. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Cushing® MLP Total Return Fund (NYSE: SRV) (the "Fund") declared a quarterly distribution of $0.225 per common share for the quarter ending November 30, 2011. The distribution will be payable on December 15, 2011 to shareholders of record on December 8, 2011. The ex-date for the distribution is December 6, 2011. With the payment of this quarter's distribution, Fund shareholders will have realized aggregate distributions of $4.29 per share since inception.
It is anticipated but not certain that a majority of this distribution will be treated as a return of capital. The final determination of such amount will be made in early 2012, after the end of the calendar year when the Fund determines its earnings and profits for the year. The final tax status of the distribution may differ substantially from this preliminary information.
In addition, at a regularly scheduled meeting today, the Board of Trustees of the Fund approved the appointment of Ernst & Young, LLP to serve as the Fund's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending November 30, 2011.
The Cushing® MLP Total Return Fund is a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company. The Fund's investment objective is to obtain a high after-tax total return from a combination of capital appreciation and current income. No assurance can be given that the Fund's investment objective will be achieved. The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing, under normal market conditions, at least 80% of its net assets, plus any borrowings for investment purposes, in master limited partnership ("MLP") investments.The Fund is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "SRV." The Fund is managed by Cushing® MLP Asset Management, LP, an SEC-registered investment adviser headquartered in Dallas, Texas. ABOUT CUSHING® MLP ASSET MANAGEMENT, LP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV