MTS Systems (MTSC) is a global supplier of test systems and industrial position sensors. The stock is trading up 13% at $40.52 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 123,000Average Volume: 68,594 Volume % Change: 363% This stock is ripping today after the company reported record quarterly revenue that was up 24% to $132 million, and record EPS growth of 74% at 94 cents per share. From a technical standpoint, this stock has triggered a big breakout today once shares cleared some near-term overhead resistance at $39.31 and at the 200-day moving average of $39.26. Since clearing those levels, the stock has now pulled back from its daily high of $42.30. Traders should now watch for the stock to close above the breakout level of $39.31. If we get that close, then look for this stock to make another attempt to re-test $42 to possibly $44.50 in the near-term. As of the most recently reported period, MTS was a holding in Mairs & Power's portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV