7 Stocks Rising on Huge Volume
Blue Coat Systems
Blue Coat Systems (BCSI) designs, develops and sells proxy and other appliances, and related software and services that secure the delivery of business applications, Web content and other information to distributed users over a wide area network, or across an enterprise's gateway to the public Internet The stock is trading up 8% at $18.30 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 3,393,000Average Volume: 757,408 Volume % Change: 1367% This stock is ripping higher today on high-volume after the company reported a second-quarter profit of 20 cents per share, topping Wall Street estimates of 13 cents per share. Revenue totaled $114 million, which was about $9 million better than expected. >>7 Smaller Stocks Beating the Big Guys From a technical standpoint, this stock has started to break out off the bullish earnings news now that the shares have started to move above some past overhead resistance at $17.23 to $18.36. Market players should watch for the stock to close above those levels to signal that this stock wants to trend higher. If we see a close over $18.36, then look for this stock to make a run at its 200-day moving average of $21.44 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV