Analysts estimate these stocks, from sectors such as medical devices, dental supplies and retail, to have upside potential ranging from 16% to 33%. An average of 57% of analysts rate them as a buy.
We present the stocks in order of their earnings release date.
5. Medtronic (MDT) manufactures and sells device-based medical therapies. Medtronic will announce second-quarter fiscal 2012 results on Nov. 22. Net income for 2012 second quarter is estimated at $872 million, or 82 cents per share, compared to $887 million, or 52 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Sales are seen increasing 4% to $40.7 billion for the quarter. Gross margin is expected to drop slightly to 75.34%, vs. 75.38% during the same quarter 2011, while the per-share dividend is estimated to increase by 7% to 24 cents. Return on assets and equity is seen declining 72 and 686 basis points to 11.15% and 15.52%, respectively. Of 34 analysts covering the stock, 38% recommend a buy and 62% suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain almost 17.5% to $39.8 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV