In order to reduce distracted driving, PHH Arval has partnered with ZoomSafer to create the fleet industry’s first smartphone application that detects when employees are driving and automatically encourages safe smartphone use.
“It’s really very simple – employee texting, emailing and browsing while driving leads to increased crashes and creates safety hazards on the road,” said George Kilroy, President and CEO, PHH Arval, which is one of North America’s largest provider of fleet management services. “We partnered with ZoomSafer to deliver iNmotion in direct response to customers seeking solutions to improve the safety of our roads.”
ZoomSafer, which is a leading provider of policy software to prevent distracted driving, created the iNmotion software application. Once installed on a driver’s BlackBerry® or Android™ smartphone, the application detects when employees are driving and will automatically enforce company cell phone policy. For example, it can:
- Restrict the use of cell phones except emergency calls,
- Restrict drivers to ‘hands-free mode’ when making and receiving calls, and
- Send automated responses that the driver is unavailable via text message or email.
“PHH has a long and outstanding reputation for developing innovative products tailored to meet the constantly changing needs of commercial fleet customers,” said ZoomSafer CEO Matt Howard. “We’re pleased to provide the technology in support of iNmotion and we look forward to helping PHH customers promote safe and legal use of cell phones while driving.”The software is available for drivers in the United States and Canada. About PHH Arval PHH Arval, a subsidiary of PHH Corporation [NYSE: PHH], is a leading fleet management services provider in the United States and Canada. PHH Arval provides outsourced fleet management solutions to corporate clients, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 500 companies. Through consultative expertise, flexible customer service, and award-winning Internet technology, PHH Arval helps clients reduce costs and increase productivity. For more information, visit www.phharval.com, or call 800 ONLY PHH. About PHH Corporation Headquartered in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, PHH Corporation is a leading outsource provider of mortgage and vehicle fleet management services. Its subsidiary, PHH Mortgage, is one of the top five retail originators of residential mortgages in the United States, and its subsidiary, PHH Arval, is a leading fleet management services provider in the United States and Canada. For additional information about the company and its subsidiaries, please visit our Web site at www.phh.com. About ZoomSafer ZoomSafer is a leading provider of enterprise software to prevent distracted driving. FleetSafer™ solutions enable employers to measure, manage and enforce cell phone usage policies to reduce crashes, risk, liability and expense. For more information, please visit www.zoomsafer.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV