And this brings me now to a slide that shows our competitive landscape or at least benchmarks us against companies that we’re very often compared to. The differentiation that we as a company have is that, we basically span in all of our areas both the Life Sciences and Molecular Diagnostics. We have great and formidable competitors in the various sub-segments at the market, but there is no company, that spans the continuum from the basic research field through the development processes into routine molecular diagnostics.
Most of the companies are blank on the academic field and the diagnostic space. We’re blank on the diagnostics activities here for companies who are active in the life sciences area. That continuum will become more and more important going forward because the transitional buyer marker from clinical development into routine diagnostics is happening at a break next speed.
We’re not going to see the traditional 10 years wait, 15 years wait, we’re going to see a much faster transition of these types of techniques, and going forward, the ability to basically allow that to happen on the same platforms with the same types of technologies is going to be a true differentiator.
If you look at the various diagnostics fields that we have down, I’ll focus on that. We see the Prevention, Profiling, Personalized Healthcare, and Point of Need activities that we highlighted here. Our focus is clearly at the moment in the area of prevention and profiling in terms of sales base. But in terms of the leadership position, our position in personalized medicine is really second to none. And this is something that we will talk about in little bit more detail also in the course of this presentation. Now, so there might be some misclassifications here. It’s always very subjective, but it was – this slide was done also with some analytical support and might be of help for any analysis going forward.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV