Another under-$10 name that's already started to trigger a major breakout is Antares Pharmaceuticals (AIS), a pharmaceutical company that focuses on self-injection pharmaceutical products and technologies and gel-based products. Wall Street bulls seem to love this stock; shares are off to a very hot start in 2011 up over 55%.
If you take a look at the chart for Antares Pharma, you'll see that this stock took a dive from its July high of $2.65 to a recent low of $1.80 a share. Since printing that low, the stock has rebounded nicely to its current price of $2.68. This stock has now officially triggered a breakout trade since the shares have managed to close above some past overhead resistance at $2.65 on monster volume. Volume on Thursday hit 2 million, and volume on Wednesday (an up day) was 3.34 million, both well above the three-month average action of 699,943 shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV