Ambac Financial Reschedules Voting Deadline And Plan Confirmation Hearing
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (OTC: ABKFQ) (“Ambac Financial”) today announced that, in order to provide holders of claims against Ambac Financial with additional time to review the terms of any proposed settlement with the Department of the Treasury – Internal Revenue Service and vote to accept or reject the Second Amended Plan of Reorganization of Ambac Financial, dated September 21, 2011 (the “Plan”), the Plan voting deadline has been extended to January 4, 2012. In addition, the Plan objection deadline has been extended to December 30, 2011 and the Bankruptcy Court hearing relating to the confirmation of the Plan has been rescheduled for January 19, 2012.
Ambac Financial Group, Inc., headquartered in New York City, is a holding company whose affiliates provided financial guarantees and financial services to clients in both the public and private sectors around the world. Ambac filed for a voluntary petition for relief under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code in the Bankruptcy Court. The Company will continue to operate in the ordinary course of business as “debtor-in-possession” under the jurisdiction of the Bankruptcy Court and in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Bankruptcy Code and the orders of the Bankruptcy Court. Ambac Financial Group, Inc.’s common stock trades in the over-the-counter market under the ticker symbol ABKFQ.
Ambac's principal operating subsidiary, Ambac Assurance Corporation, is a guarantor of public finance and structured finance obligations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV