Vitamin Shoppe Inc. (VSI): Today's Featured Specialty Retail Winner
Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Vitamin Shoppe Inc rose 20 cents (0.5%) to $38.23 on light volume. Throughout the day, 191,684 shares of Vitamin Shoppe Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 425,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.72-$38.51 after having opened the day at $38.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.03. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Birks & Mayors Inc (BMJ), up 8.8%, CSS Industries Inc (CSS), up 7.5%, Barnes & Noble Inc (BKS), up 5%, and Trans World Entertainment (TWMC), up 4.9%. Vitamin Shoppe, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer and direct marketer of nutritional products. Vitamin Shoppe Inc has a market cap of $1.11 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 28.2, above the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio of 27.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Vitamin Shoppe as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Vitamin Shoppe Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV