Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. (MNTA): Today's Featured Health Care Winner
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc (MNTA) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc rose 37 cents (2.5%) to $15.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 998,219 shares of Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.73-$15.25 after having opened the day at $14.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.78. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Cormedix Inc (CRMD), up 26.5%, Zoll Medical Corporation (ZOLL), up 22.9%, ProPhase Labs Inc (PRPH), up 20.3%, and IsoRay Inc (ISR), up 11%. Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biotechnology company, specializes in the characterization and process engineering of complex molecules. These complex molecules include proteins; polypeptides; and cell surface polysaccharides, such as heparan-sulfate proteoglycans (HSPGs). Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc has a market cap of $766.1 million and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 3.4, equal to the average drugs industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Momenta as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year.
- You can view the full Momenta Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV