Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. (DTG): Today's Featured Services Winner
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc (DTG) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc rose 52 cents (0.8%) to $65.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 431,850 shares of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 504,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.99-$66.47 after having opened the day at $65.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.21. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Seven Arts Entertainment Inc (SAPX), up 18.3%, AirMedia Group Inc (AMCN), up 17.4%, Global Education and Technology Group (GEDU), up 16.3%, and Dex One (DEXO), up 15.5%. Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. through its subsidiaries, rents and leases vehicles through company owned and franchised stores under Dollar and the Thrifty brand names primarily in the United States and Canada. The company also operates a franchised retail used car sales network. Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc has a market cap of $1.89 billion and is part of the diversified services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.7, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 38% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV