United Stationers Inc. (USTR): Today's Featured Wholesale Winner
United Stationers Inc (USTR) pushed the Wholesale industry higher today making it today's featured wholesale winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, United Stationers Inc rose 29 cents (0.9%) to $31.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 242,108 shares of United Stationers Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 306,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.57-$31.56 after having opened the day at $30.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.86. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that increased today were: Rada Electronics Industries Inc (RADA), up 6.5% and Wayside Technology Group Inc (WSTG), up 2%. United Stationers Inc., through its subsidiary, United Stationers Supply Co., engages in the wholesale distribution of business products in North America. United Stationers Inc has a market cap of $1.35 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.1, equal to the average wholesale industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates United Stationers as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full United Stationers Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV