Treehouse Foods Inc (THS) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Treehouse Foods Inc rose 41 cents (0.7%) to $62.51 on light volume. Throughout the day, 175,693 shares of Treehouse Foods Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 285,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $62.15-$63.05 after having opened the day at $62.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.10. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Imperial Sugar Company (IPSU), up 7.9%, Crumbs Bake Shop Inc (CRMB), up 7.8%, Inventure Foods Inc (SNAK), up 6.7%, and Golden Enterprises Inc (GLDC), up 4.4%. TreeHouse Foods, Inc. operates as a food manufacturing company servicing primarily the retail grocery and foodservice distribution channels in the United States and Canada. Treehouse Foods Inc has a market cap of $2.23 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.8, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 21.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Treehouse as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Treehouse Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about THS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV