Stifel Financial Corp. (SF): Today's Featured Financial Services Winner
Stifel Financial (SF) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Stifel Financial rose 82 cents (2.7%) to $31.43 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 968,594 shares of Stifel Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 473,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.57-$31.98 after having opened the day at $30.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.61. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Kent Financial Services Inc (KENT), up 17.2%, Community Bankers Trust Corporation (BTC), up 10.9%, Global Cash Access Holdings Inc (GCA), up 8.4%, and Paulson Capital (PLCC), up 7%. Stifel Financial Corp., a financial holding company, operates as a retail and institutional brokerage, and investment banking company in the United States and internationally. Stifel Financial has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18, above the average financial services industry P/E ratio of 17.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 26% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Stifel Financial as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Stifel Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV