Louisiana-Pacific (LPX) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, Louisiana-Pacific rose 5 cents (0.7%) to $7.18 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.9 million shares of Louisiana-Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.05-$7.50 after having opened the day at $7.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.13. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Patrick Industries Inc (PATK), up 9.6%, PGT Inc (PGTI), up 4.2%, Avalon Holdings (AWX), up 3.9%, and James Hardie Industries SE (JHX), up 3.7%. Louisiana-Pacific Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in manufacturing and distributing building products for new home construction, repair and remodeling, manufactured housing, and light industrial and commercial construction. Louisiana-Pacific has a market cap of $958 million and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are down 25.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Louisiana-Pacific as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Louisiana-Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about LPX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV