Globe Specialty Metals Inc. (GSM): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Winner
Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 3.5%. By the end of trading, Globe Specialty Metals Inc rose 10 cents (0.7%) to $13.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 959,326 shares of Globe Specialty Metals Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 950,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.72-$14.37 after having opened the day at $13.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.89. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Lihua International Inc (LIWA), up 10.3%, Sutor Technology Group (SUTR), up 9.4%, Ossen Innovation (OSN), up 6%, and Mines Management Inc (MGN), up 3.8%. Globe Specialty Metals, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, produces and sells silicon metal and silicon-based alloys in North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. The company primarily offers silicon metal that is used as a raw material for silicone compounds, aluminum, and polysilicon. Globe Specialty Metals Inc has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.4, above the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 16 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 18.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Globe Specialty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and robust revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Globe Specialty Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV