PLANO, Texas, Nov. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In accordance with New York Stock Exchange rules regarding equity inducement awards, J. C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE: JCP) announced that an equity inducement award of 373,483 restricted stock units (RSUs) was granted to Daniel Walker, the Company's new chief talent officer, in connection with the commencement of his employment on Nov. 16, 2011.
The RSUs will vest in thirds on the fourth, fifth and sixth anniversary, respectively, of the grant date, provided Mr. Walker remains continuously employed with the Company through those dates. The award vests pro rata if Mr. Walker is terminated for any reason other than cause, and it will fully vest if his employment terminates in certain cases within two years following a change of control at the Company.
Media Relations Darcie Brossart and Rebecca Winter; (972) 431-3400 email@example.comInvestor Relations Kristin Hays and Angelika Torres; (972) 431-5500 firstname.lastname@example.org Corporate Website www.jcpenney.net About J. C. Penney Company, Inc. J. C. Penney Company, Inc., one of America's leading retailers, operates over 1,100 jcpenney department stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as one of the largest apparel and home furnishing sites on the Internet, jcp.com. Serving more than half of America's families each year, the jcpenney brand offers a wide array of private, exclusive and national brands which reflect the Company's vision to be America's shopping destination for discovering great styles at compelling prices. Traded as "JCP" on the New York Stock Exchange, the $17.8 billion retailer is transforming its organization to build a sustainable, profitable enterprise that serves its customers, engages its associates and rewards its shareholders. For more information, visit www.jcpenney.net. SOURCE J. C. Penney Company, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV