- Net sales were $216.7 million compared to $238.2 million for the third quarter of fiscal year 2010.
- Comparable store sales decreased 5.2% compared to a 3.6% increase in the third quarter last year.
- Operating loss was $6.0 million compared to an operating loss of $4.0 million in the third quarter last year.
- Net loss was $9.0 million, or $0.15 per diluted share and included an unusual tax charge of $2.5 million, or $0.04 per diluted share. The charge pertains to an IRS income tax audit for tax years prior to and including 2002.
- Net income for the same period last year was $1.9 million, or $0.03 per diluted share, which included an unusual tax benefit of $6.1 million, or $0.10 per diluted share, reflecting a change in accounting methods for tax purposes, and the previously disclosed unusual charge of $0.01 per diluted share.
- As previously disclosed, the Company’s income tax provision reflects the continuing impact of its deferred tax valuation allowance initially recorded in the second quarter of fiscal year 2010.
New York & Company, Inc. Announces Third Quarter 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.