Dallas, Texas- based Comerica (CMA) saw $100 million worth of net hedge fund purchases. Citadel was the most prominent buyer, adding 4.9 million shares of the super-regional bank to its portfolio.
Comerica has been growing through a combination of strong commercial lending activity and acquisitions. While its outlook for loan growth is cautious, the bank expects to triple its market share in Houston, thanks to its acquisition of Sterling Bancshares which it completed in July."While trends within certain specialized areas like mortgage finance and auto floor plan could create some quarter-to-quarter volatility, with the run-off of commercial real estate slowing and new opportunities within the Sterling customer base, we see Comerica producing above-peer loan growth over the next year," Oppenheimer analyst Terry McEvoy wrote in a recent note following a meeting with the management. Shares of Comerica have plunged 40% year-to-date. The stock is rated outperform by 15 out of 33 analysts. 16 maintain a hold rating on the stock, while 2 have an underperform rating.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV