Kodiak Oil & Gas
Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG) engages in the acquisition, exploration, exploitation, development, and production of natural gas and crude oil in the U.S. This stock is trading up 1% at $8.19 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $8.49 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $8.11-$8.4952-week Range: $2.43-$8.49 Volume: 5,361,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 4,217,040 Kodiak Oil & Gas has a market cap of $1.71 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 45.25 and a forward price-to-earnings of 10.92. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 700%, and for next year it's pegged at 212.5%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Kodiak is rather high at 9.2%. >>Top-Rated Oil & Gas Stocks From a technical standpoint, this stock recently broke out above some past overhead resistance at $7.30 to $.7.70 on monster volume. Market players should now look to play the next breakout that will trigger over $8.50 a share on high volume. Volume today is already tracking in very strong with over 5.36 million shares traded, which is well above the three-month average of 4.21 million. If this stock can get above $8.50, then look for much higher prices in the near future. For more ideas, check out the 52-Week Highs Portfolio. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV