6 Stocks at 52-Week Highs Triggering Breakouts
Silicon Motion Technology
Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) is a fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops and markets semiconductor solutions for the multimedia consumer electronics market. It has three major product lines: mobile storage business, multimedia systems-on-a-chip business and mobile communications business. This stock is trading up 2.4% to $20.03 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $20.49 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $19.80-$20.4952-week Range: $3.97-$20.49 Volume: 521,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 681,852 Silicon Motion Technology has a market cap of $631.5 million and an enterprise value of $535.1 million. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 27.76 and a forward price-to-earnings of 14.57. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 181%, and for next year it's pegged at 18.6%. >>Top-Rated Semiconductor Stocks This stock is seeing some interesting activity today after Lazard Capital raised its price target to $22 from $1 and said shares remain at a buy rating. From a technical standpoint, this stock recently triggered a breakout trade once it cleared some past overhead resistance at $19.65. The high of the day today so far is $20.49, and shares are currently trading at $19.50. I would avoid this stock from the long side if it fails to sustain a move and close over $19.65. If we take out $20.49 and $21 with high volume, then this could set up to move back toward its next significant resistance level at $25. If it fails to maintain those breakout levels, then this stock could come under profit-taking since its run so much this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV