3. Giant Interactive Group (GA) is one of China's leading online game developers and operators in terms of market share. It focuses on massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) played through networked game servers. The company operates 11 online games, with 9 self-developed.
Of the 14 analysts covering the stock, 57% recommend a buy and 29% suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $6.53, which is 60.1% higher than the current price, as per a Bloomberg consensus.
For the third quarter of 2011, GA reported sales revenues of $72.1 million, up 35.2% from the same quarter a year ago and 5% from the prior quarter. Net income for the company's shareholders was $56.9 million, improving from $1.6 million in the prior quarter and 73.1% from the year-earlier quarter.GA announced that peak concurrent users (PCU) for ZT Online 2, the sequel to the company's flagship game ZT Online, reached over 435,000 on Sept. 24, 2011. Besides, GA intends to invest $50 million in the Alibaba group -- China's premier technology company -- via an investment in the Yunfeng e-Commerce Funds. The company recently announced that its board of directors has approved a new share repurchase plan. Under this plan, Giant is authorized to repurchase up to $50 million of its American Depositary Shares (ADRs) over the next twelve months in open-market purchases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV