3. Giant Interactive Group (GA) is one of China's leading online game developers and operators in terms of market share. It focuses on massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) played through networked game servers. The company operates 11 online games, with 9 self-developed.
Of the 14 analysts covering the stock, 57% recommend a buy and 29% suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $6.53, which is 60.1% higher than the current price, as per a Bloomberg consensus.
For the third quarter of 2011, GA reported sales revenues of $72.1 million, up 35.2% from the same quarter a year ago and 5% from the prior quarter. Net income for the company's shareholders was $56.9 million, improving from $1.6 million in the prior quarter and 73.1% from the year-earlier quarter.GA announced that peak concurrent users (PCU) for ZT Online 2, the sequel to the company's flagship game ZT Online, reached over 435,000 on Sept. 24, 2011. Besides, GA intends to invest $50 million in the Alibaba group -- China's premier technology company -- via an investment in the Yunfeng e-Commerce Funds. The company recently announced that its board of directors has approved a new share repurchase plan. Under this plan, Giant is authorized to repurchase up to $50 million of its American Depositary Shares (ADRs) over the next twelve months in open-market purchases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV