NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The global gaming landscape is expected to see expansive growth in 2012, according to a survey of 1,150 gaming professionals at the Global Gaming Expo show. The $60 billion global video game marketplace recorded a 1% surge in its October retail video game sales to $1.08 billion after a consecutive five-month decline, following new game releases. About seven of the top 10 games in the month sold 23% more than the top 10 games released in October 2010.
The gaming industry is expected to grow at an average 13.7% CAGR for the period 2011 to 2016, a PR Newswire report says. Further, a Pyramid Research report sees the global mobile gaming market growing at 16.6% to $18 billion in 2014, driven by the significant increase in mobile subscriptions.
|Of the 25 analysts covering Electronic Arts, 48% recommend a buy and 40% rate a hold.|
Based on latest quarterly results and analysts' buy, hold recommendations, these five online gaming stocks have potential upsides ranging from 17% to 83%. On average, these stocks have buy recommendation of 63% and hold rating of 28%, based on a Bloomberg consensus.
The stocks are listed in ascending order of upside potential.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV