FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., Nov. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- SMF ENERGY CORPORATION (NASDAQ: FUEL), a leading energy logistics company, today announced the retirement of Richard E. Gathright, the Company's Chief Executive Officer, President and Chairman of the Board. The Board of Directors has appointed Steven R. Goldberg to be the new Chief Executive Officer and President. Larry S. Mulkey, a current director of the Company, will assume the role of Chairman of the Board.
"On behalf of the Board and everyone at SMF Energy Corporation, I would like to thank Richard for his leadership as Chairman, CEO and President and his dedicated and tireless service to the Company," said Mulkey. "Richard leaves enormous shoes to fill, but the Board has every confidence that Steve Goldberg is up the challenge of leading the Company forward to even greater successes."
Mr. Goldberg has served as a member of the Company's Board of Directors since July 2005. Since 2007 he has been President of Goldhammer Advisory LLC, specializing in M&A and corporate finance matters, located in Miami, Florida and has been a Senior Advisor to Boyne Capital Partners, a private equity firm. He has substantial experience in transportation and logistics businesses, having served in senior positions in finance and corporate development at Ryder System (and subsidiary), Republic Services and Arrow Cargo, as well as having held finance positions with Squibb Corporation and J. E. Seagram and Sons, Inc.Mr. Mulkey, who retired from Ryder System in 1997 after 31 years of service, including service as President of Worldwide Logistics and a member of the executive committee, currently provides consulting services relating to transportation and logistics, business strategy, and real estate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV