Nuveen Investments, a leading global provider of investment services to institutions as well as high-net-worth and affluent investors, today announced the Board of four insured California municipal bond closed-end funds has approved changes to each of the funds’ investment policies as well as the merger of the funds. These changes are subject to shareholder approval at the funds’ annual meeting on February 24, 2012. The four funds and their corresponding tickers are as follows:
Nuveen Insured California Premium Income Municipal Fund, Inc. ( NPC)Nuveen Insured California Premium Income Municipal Fund 2, Inc. ( NCL)Nuveen Insured California Dividend Advantage Municipal Fund ( NKL)Nuveen Insured California Tax-Free Advantage Municipal Fund ( NKX)
Over the past few years, most municipal bond insurers have had their credit ratings downgraded and only one insurer is currently insuring new municipal bonds. As a result, the supply of insured municipal securities has decreased dramatically and the long-term viability of the municipal bond insurance market is uncertain.
In response, the Board approved proposed changes to each fund’s investment policies intended to increase the funds’ flexibility regarding the types of securities available for investment as well as the proposed reorganization of the funds into a single, larger fund, as outlined below.The proposals provide that:
- Each fund will eliminate the investment policy requiring it, under normal circumstances, to invest at least 80 percent of its managed assets in municipal securities that are covered by insurance which currently guarantees the timely payment of principal and interest.
- Each fund will continue to invest substantially all (at least 80 percent) of its managed assets in investment grade quality municipal securities.
- Nuveen Insured California Premium Income Municipal Fund, Inc. (NPC), Nuveen Insured California Premium Income Municipal Fund 2, Inc. (NCL) and Nuveen Insured California Dividend Advantage Municipal Fund (NKL) be reorganized into Nuveen Insured California Tax-Free Advantage Municipal Fund (NKX).
- Nuveen Insured California Tax-Free Advantage Municipal Fund (NKX) will change its name to Nuveen California AMT-Free Municipal Income Fund (NKX) upon shareholder approval of the investment policy changes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV