- Immediately be accretive to ACCO Brands’ earnings per share; for the adjusted combined trailing twelve month period ended September 30, 2011, the combination is accretive by 70%, excluding synergies and transaction-related costs;
- Yield $20 million of annualized cost synergies by 2014;
- Enhance ACCO Brands’ gross profit and operating income margins; for the adjusted combined trailing twelve month period ended September 30, 2011 gross profit and operating income margins were higher by 110 basis points and 260 basis points, respectively;
- Improve ACCO Brands’ leverage profile; net leverage for adjusted combined trailing twelve month period was 3.6x versus 3.9x for ACCO Brands standalone;
- Enable ACCO Brands to re-capitalize its balance sheet and reduce its interest rate significantly;
- Significantly enhance cash flow generation;
- Increase scale in the mass merchandise channel providing greater consumer access and cost leverage;
- Bring greater consumer insight and category management capabilities to the combined entity;
- Provide a $200 million sales leadership position in Brazil, and double ACCO Brands’ size in Canada; and
- Add important new brands and products in key categories to ACCO Brands’ existing portfolio of #1 and #2 brands.
ACCO Brands Corporation To Merge With MeadWestvaco Corporation’s Consumer & Office Products Business
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.