Pacific Continental Corp Stock Upgraded (PCBK)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Pacific Continental (Nasdaq:PCBK) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PACIFIC CONTINENTAL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PACIFIC CONTINENTAL CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.28 versus -$0.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.47 versus $0.28).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 124.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.15 million to $2.59 million.
- The gross profit margin for PACIFIC CONTINENTAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 76.80%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, PCBK's net profit margin of 15.50% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 68.95% to $8.97 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 68.95%, PACIFIC CONTINENTAL CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 317.31%.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV