Bank of America also notes in Wednesday's press release that "in October 2010, Bank of America announced the addition of approximately 1,000 new small business bankers throughout the U.S. by early 2012 to provide counsel and guidance to local small business owners."
However, in September of this year, CEO Brian Moynihan said the bank would cut "approximately 30,000 jobs over the next few years."
Bank of America spokesman George wrote that Bank of America has hired 550 small business bankers so far and still plans to reach 1000 by early 2012.
"These are all new hires, and we have not laid off any Small Business Bankers since announcing this plan," George wrote, adding the bank will continue to hire where it sees "growth opportunities."According to George, Bank of America is supporting small business in other ways. For example, it is "among 13 banks that have pledged to the White House and the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV