Republic Services Inc (RSG): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Loser
Republic Services Inc (RSG) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Republic Services Inc fell 28 cents (-1%) to $26.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Republic Services Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.90-$27.34 after having opened the day at $27.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.23. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Gafisa (GFA), down 7.9%, PGT Inc (PGTI), down 7.7%, Goldfield (GV), down 6.8%, and Headwaters Inc (HW), down 6%. Republic Services, Inc. provides non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, and disposal services for commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers. Republic Services Inc has a market cap of $10.27 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.2, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Republic Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Republic Services Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV