Kraton Performance Polymers Inc (KRA): Today's Featured Chemicals Winner
Kraton Performance Polymers Inc (KRA) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Kraton Performance Polymers Inc rose 15 cents (0.8%) to $19.65 on light volume. Throughout the day, 308,713 shares of Kraton Performance Polymers Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 545,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $19-$19.93 after having opened the day at $19.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.50. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Solazyme Inc (SZYM), up 12.2%, Verenium Corporation (VRNM), up 11.3%, Synthesis Energy Sys Inc (SYMX), up 5.8%, and Pacific Ethanol Inc (PEIX), up 4.5%. Kraton Performance Polymers, Inc., through its subsidiary, Kraton Polymers LLC, engages in the development, production, and marketing of styrenic block copolymers (SBCs) and non-SBC products worldwide. The company offers approximately 250 core commercial grades of SBCs. Kraton Performance Polymers Inc has a market cap of $649.2 million and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.5, equal to the average chemicals industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 34.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Kraton Performance Polymers as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Kraton Performance Polymers Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV