Canadian Natural Resources Ltd (CNQ): Today's Featured Basic Materials Winner
Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Canadian Natural Resources rose $1.11 (3%) to $37.80 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.5 million shares of Canadian Natural Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.55-$38.72 after having opened the day at $36.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.69. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG), up 44.7%, Mexco Energy Corporation (MXC), up 26.8%, Revett Minerals Inc (RVM), up 25.9%, and Revett Minerals Inc (RVMID), up 25.9%. Canadian Natural Resources Limited engages in the exploration, development, production, marketing, and sale of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas. The company's products include light and medium crude oil, primary heavy crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. Canadian Natural Resources has a market cap of $40.77 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 28.2, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 33.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 17.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Canadian Natural as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Canadian Natural Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV