Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc (AUXL) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc rose $1.01 (6.4%) to $16.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 968,305 shares of Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 848,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.52-$17.09 after having opened the day at $15.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.89. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: ARCA biopharma Inc (ABIO), up 43.7%, China Cord Blood Corporation (CO), up 18.2%, Telik Inc (TELK), up 8.7%, and Tengion Inc (TNGN), up 8.3%. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. operates as a specialty biopharmaceutical company primarily in the United States. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc has a market cap of $733.7 million and is part of the drugs industry. Shares are down 26.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Auxilium as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Auxilium Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AUXL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV