Fibria Celulose (FBR) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer non-durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Fibria Celulose rose 9 cents (1.2%) to $7.82 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Fibria Celulose exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.62-$8.09 after having opened the day at $7.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.73. Other companies within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that increased today were: Zuoan Fashion (ZA), up 7.8%, Frederick's of Hollywood Group Inc (FOH), up 7.3%, Swisher Hygiene Inc (SWSH), up 6.8%, and Northern Technologies International (NTIC), up 5.6%. Fibria Celulose S.A., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of pulp and paper products primarily in Europe, North America, Asia, and Brazil. It offers bleached eucalyptus pulp, as well as various paper products. Fibria Celulose has a market cap of $3.66 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.5, above the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 8.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 51.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Fibria Celulose as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Fibria Celulose Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about FBR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV