Google and Groupon are the largest holdings from the United States, each accounting for less than 5% of SOCL's portfolio. LinkedIn, meanwhile, is nowhere to be found among the fund's top ten holdings.
Ultimately, for conservative investors, there are other more-liquid and less-top-heavy ways to take advantage of the growing presence of social media. The First Trust Dow Jones Internet Index Fund (FDN) is one product I've pointed to as being a promising play on this industry.
FDN's direct exposure to social media names is limited. However, with extensive exposure to Google, Amazon (AMZN), eBay (EBAY) and other Internet household names, the fund is in a strong position to profit as social media helps to further engrain the internet into our daily lives.
Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV