As well as there are still some limitations with EVAR and I’ll touch on those as I go through the presentation. This is the current size of the markets about a $1 billion globally and you can see over on the right, the number of procedures as well as the ASPs, it’s a high average selling price. These devices are expensive life saving devices and we tend to have our sales representative, our clinical specialists participate in every case. So this is the high touch, high clinical sophistication type of a product area. When we talk about it had been a $1 billion market that is just for aneurysms below the renal arteries are what we call infrarenal.
The importance of that will become clear as I go through the presentation because we have a pipeline that we will be able to treat anatomies that are up and including the renal arteries and we’ll move our way up in the thoracic aorta over time. This is the competitive set, all of the three devices on the right, these are approved devices in the United States, our competitors are Gore, Medtronic and Cook, Gore and Cook are private companies, Medtronic you know. And you can see there is a similarity with all of these devices. They have these open cells stent architecture up above in this area, you can see the branch.
The branch is coming off that middle picture with Medtronic, those are the renal arteries. So, that’s the landing zone for these devices. They tend to be physicians just below the renal artery that’s the fixation zone. And all these devices rely upon some type of active fixation hooks or barbs or something that anchors into the vessel wall and then limbs are connected from the bottom up. As you can see from our device over on the left looks very different, it works on the different methodology of fixation. So instead of rely upon hooks or barbs to attach in the aortic valve, we actually set our device right on the patient’s native bifurcation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV