1.Dryships (DRYS)Recent price: $2.80
The dry shipping industry, which carries dry-bulk goods on massive container ships, has been beset by weak demand and too much capacity. As a result, lease rates for these ships plunged, leading many industry players scramble for survival.DryShips, which traded above $100 in 2008, is now worth less than $3 a share. Yet just-released quarterly results imply that a bottom has been reached. Better-than-expected lease rates led to $318 million in revenue, ahead of the $296 million consensus forecast. Better still, the company topped the consensus profit forecast for the first time in four quarters, earning two cents more than the $0.14 prediction. Profits would have been a lot more robust if not for some bad bets on currency swaps. This stock will never revisit its past heights, simply because its share count has risen nearly 1,000% in the past four years, but a return to $5 or even $7 isn't out of the question now that industry dynamics are reversing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV