Someone Shot the White House
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The U.S. Park Police issued an arrest warrant for a man suspected in a possible shooting Friday at the White House.
Oscar Ortega-Hernandez is a suspect connected to the shots heard on Friday, according to The Associated Press.
The Secret Service revealed Wednesday it found two bullets had hit the White House, one of which cracked a window on the residential level of the building. The bullet was stopped by ballistic glass.
President Barack Obama was traveling to Hawaii when witnesses reported to local authorities on Friday the sound of gunfire near the White House, according to the AP.The Secret Service said it is still investigating whether the reported shots are linked to the bullets found at the president's residence. Police said they discovered on Friday an empty car near the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge, which had items in it that led investigators to Ortega-Hernandez, the AP reported. Officials believe Ortega-Hernandez could be in the District of Columbia or Idaho. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact me here: Joe Deaux. >Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JoeDeaux.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV