ANNAPOLIS, Md., Nov. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Severn Bancorp Inc., (NASDAQ: SVBI) ("Bancorp") parent company of Severn Savings Bank, FSB (the "Bank"), today announced the appointment of Thomas G. Bevivino to the position of Chief Operating Officer, subject to the approval of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Bancorp's and the Bank's primary regulators. Mr. Bevivino will also remain as acting Chief Financial Officer until a replacement has been identified. This will allow for a smooth transition period for customers, shareholders and employees until a new Chief Financial Officer has been brought on board.
Mr. Bevivino, age 56, joined Bancorp in August 2004 as Controller, and has served as the Chief Financial Officer since July 1, 2005. He serves in the same capacity for the Bank. Mr. Bevivino was a financial consultant from 2002 until 2004, and served as Chief Financial Officer of Luminant Worldwide Corporation from 1999 until 2002.
About Severn Savings Bank
Founded in 1946, Severn Savings Bank, FSB is a full-service community bank offering a wide array of personal and commercial banking products as well as residential and commercial mortgage lending. It has assets of approximately $930 million and four branches located in Annapolis, Edgewater and Glen Burnie. The bank specializes in exceptional customer service and holds itself and its employees to a high standard of community contribution. Severn is on the Web at www.severnbank.com.SOURCE Severn Bancorp Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV