5 China Stocks to Watch
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Emerging market stocks are expected to accumulate gains of almost 39% by the end of 2012, according to a Morgan Stanley report. Further, the speculation of China's easing inflation will loosen monetary policies and mitigate the negative impact of the European debt crisis on China stocks.
The report adds that China is favored among emerging markets in Asia with higher importance on its consumer companies. An emerging markets and Asia strategist with Morgan Stanley estimates a soft landing for China's economy with earnings growth supporting market sentiment. In a separate survey by Bank of America Merrill Lynch, almost 28% of the fund managers are overweight on emerging market equities. Moreover, the survey reveals that with an improving China growth outlook, exposure of Asia-Pacific investors to China's economy has been the highest in past four months.
Based on latest quarterly results and analysts' recommendations, these five China stocks are estimated to have upsides ranging from 10% to 52%. On average, 59% of analysts have buy recommendations on these stocks, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
The stocks are listed in ascending order of upside potential.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV