NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's pretty rare that large cap bank earnings differ much from what analysts expect. That's because by the time banks actually get around to reporting earnings, analysts have revised their estimates so many times nobody remembers how far off they were in the first place.
However, a report released Wednesday by Deutsche Bank large cap bank analyst Matt O'Connor shows the banks that saw the biggest earnings per share revisions. Here are the five that have seen the biggest change, in terms of percentage, from what analysts had been expecting three months ago for fourth quarter earnings. O'Connor's data comes from Factset.
5. PacWest (PACW) is expected to earn 40 cents per share in the fourth quarter, or 19% more than had been the analyst consensus three months earlier.
4. Citigroup (C) is expected to earn 82 cents per share in the fourth quarter--20% less than analysts had been looking for three months ago.2. Zions Bancorp (ZION) is expected to earn 33 cents per share in the fourth quarter--21% most than analysts has expected three months earlier. 2. JPMorgan Chase (JPM) is now expected to earn 98 cents per share--21% less than analysts predicted three months ago. 1. Bank of America (BAC) is expected to earn 17 cents a share in the fourth quarter. That's 31% less than analysts had been looking for three months ago--the biggest change among large cap banks. -- Written by Dan Freed in New York. Follow me on twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV