NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's pretty rare that large cap bank earnings differ much from what analysts expect. That's because by the time banks actually get around to reporting earnings, analysts have revised their estimates so many times nobody remembers how far off they were in the first place.
However, a report released Wednesday by Deutsche Bank large cap bank analyst Matt O'Connor shows the banks that saw the biggest earnings per share revisions. Here are the five that have seen the biggest change, in terms of percentage, from what analysts had been expecting three months ago for fourth quarter earnings. O'Connor's data comes from Factset.
5. PacWest (PACW) is expected to earn 40 cents per share in the fourth quarter, or 19% more than had been the analyst consensus three months earlier.
4. Citigroup (C) is expected to earn 82 cents per share in the fourth quarter--20% less than analysts had been looking for three months ago.2. Zions Bancorp (ZION) is expected to earn 33 cents per share in the fourth quarter--21% most than analysts has expected three months earlier. 2. JPMorgan Chase (JPM) is now expected to earn 98 cents per share--21% less than analysts predicted three months ago. 1. Bank of America (BAC) is expected to earn 17 cents a share in the fourth quarter. That's 31% less than analysts had been looking for three months ago--the biggest change among large cap banks. -- Written by Dan Freed in New York. Follow me on twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV