NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Universal Corporation (NYSE:UVV) hit a new 52-week high Wednesday as it is currently trading at $45.97, above its previous 52-week high of $45.96 with 45,218 shares traded as of 10:47 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 268,200 shares over the past 30 days. Universal has a market cap of $1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and tobacco industry. Shares are up 10.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Universal Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as a leaf tobacco merchant and processor primarily in North America, South America, Africa, Europe, and Asia. The company has a P/E ratio of 16, equal to the average tobacco industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your UVV trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about UVV
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV