Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS), a leading provider of financial services for individuals, families and institutions, announced today the appointment of Katherine Ellis Nixon as Chief Investment Officer for Personal Financial Services.
As Chief Investment Officer, Nixon will guide the management of more than $163 billion in assets and oversee portfolio managers at Northern Trust’s Personal Financial Services offices across 18 states. She is also responsible for guiding the strategic direction of the firm’s private client investment business and the continued evolution of Northern Trust’s investment platform and offerings.
Nixon serves as a voting member of Northern Trust’s committees for Investment Policy, Tactical Asset Allocation and Investment Advisory.
"Katie’s broad experience and successful track record make her uniquely qualified to lead our investment practice,” said Northern Trust President of Personal Financial Services, Jana Schreuder. “Her outstanding leadership capabilities and in-depth experience as an investment manager will be invaluable to the continued growth of our business."Nixon joined Northern Trust in 2004 as a Senior Portfolio Manager and became Chief Investment Officer for the Northeast Region in 2005. Prior to joining Northern Trust, Nixon worked at U.S. Trust for 18 years in several investment-related capacities, including managing director and division manager in the Wealth Management Division in New York. She also served on U.S. Trust's Portfolio Policy Committee and Private Equity Investment Committee. Nixon has an undergraduate degree from Wellesley College and earned her MBA in finance from New York University where she was honored as a Stern Scholar. Nixon holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation. She has also received the designations of Certified Investment Management Analyst and Certified Private Wealth Advisor from the Investment Management Consultants Association.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV